For most Revit users, the best CPU is one with an as high core frequency as possible. This is the "GHz" that you see in the specs. Generally, the higher the CPU frequency, the less cores it will have. Unless you’re also doing heavy rendering, multiple cores won’t provide much of a performance advantage.
Multi-core process include:
- Working in a viewport, and how geometries are displayed when zoomed out
- Opening, saving, and exporting models/files
- Cloud work-sharing and caching
- Displaying point-cloud data
- Loading elements into memory to reduce view open times when elements are displayed for the first time in a session.
- Computation of silhouette edges (outlines of curved surfaces) when navigating perspective 3D views.
- “RevitWorker.exe” background computing for things like MEP color fills, structural steel connections, and other geometries.
Not all user workflows are the same though, so be sure and contact us for an optimized configuration.
The amount of memory you will need depends on how many programs you will have open at any given time alongside Revit, how large the files are that you will be working with, as well as how many files you have referenced into your models. A good starting point in deciding how much RAM you should go for would be to check your current usage via Windows Task Manager.
Revit makes little use of the graphics card, and an entry to mid-level graphics card will do just fine for most users. Many Revit professionals however use other rendering programs like Twinmotion, Enscape & Lumion which will require a good GPU, so this should be kept in mind when making your choice. There is also no need or benefit going for a "workstation" GPU, like Nvidia's "Quadro" and AMD's "Pro" cards.
In the past, computers were held back by slow mechanical hard drives. Unless you are storing files which are not accessed too often, in which case mechanical hard drives might be a better choice, Solid State drives should be used for everything else. Having everything stored on SSDs means you’ll be able to copy, move, open and save files quickly and PC and program start times will be reduced.
from R 29 995 ex VAT
Our Apollo workstation sets the standard for high-performance workstation.
from R 34 995 ex VAT
Our Vulcan features cutting-edge tech with next-level performance.
from R 79 995 ex VAT
Our Hydras feature AMD Threadripper CPUs with support for up to 2TB RAM.